Oct. 22, 2022

Satellite image at 6:30 a.m.

Good morning, Roatan! Yesterday afternoon we got a rainy, cool, island autumn day! We were in the mid-70s and we got rainfall totals between half an inch and an inch and a half, adding to what we had already gotten. This morning the clouds and rain are to our east and mostly moving away from us. I would imagine Guanaja got rain this morning, while Roatan has been dry since midnight. The northside is still choppy.

Today we will have partly cloudy skies and a 40 percent chance of rain, especially this evening, and a 60 percent chance of a shower tonight. Winds will be north/northeast at 10-15 mph and seas on the northside. Tomorrow there will be a chance of a morning shower, but then mostly sunny with northeast winds 5-10 mph and seas on the northside 2-3 feet.

As we’ve been saying for a while, the week ahead looks nice, with mild winds shifting back to the east, seas 1-2 feet on the southside and only a very small chance of getting a passing shower. Have a great weekend!

Published by Roatan Weather Guy

I'm a native of Columbus, Ga., but lived from 2003-2019 in Lawton, Oklahoma. I've always been a weather geek and now I get to live the dream on an island that doesn't have a good weather forecast system.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: